ADVANCED CARDIOVASCULAR LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE :
The AHA’s ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
WHAT DOSE THIS COURSE TEACH ?
- - Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- - Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- - Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- - Airway management
- - Related pharmacology
- - Management of ACS and stroke
- - Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team